Cooking food, eating food and knowing about food are three separate things. Even though we might be great in the former two, there are still a lot of facts about food out there that most of us have no idea about.
The most common ingredient that you use in your day to day life might have a big fact behind it so, if you are wondering what the entire buzz is about, continue reading and find out some jaw dropping food facts.
- Honey is the only food will not rot. It can stay fresh for more than 3000 years.
Honey is sweeter than we thought, right?
- Scientists can now turn peanut butter into diamonds.
This is worth dropping your jaw for, so go ahead.
- Consuming dairy may cause acne
Were you having a lot of problems with Acne in the face? Well, the entire diary in your diet might just be the reason.
- Chocolate was once used as currency.
Since we are aware about how crazy people are about chocolate, we are not surprised with this fact are we?
- Coconut Water can be used as a replacement of a plasma
This however is not on a regular basis and will only be used in emergencies.
- McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers every second of every day
And we were wondering what made the McDonald’s tick all these years.
- India has the lowest meat consumption per person in the entire world
The amount might go down further with the new beef ban in place.
- Carrots Used to be purple
Your whole life was a lie
- The popsicle was invented by an 11-year-old in 1905
So what are you waiting for? Go out there, invent something and get into some list.
And the saddest of them all,
- Almost half of the World’s food it thrown away every year.
It might be hard to digest but it is the truth, so the next time you think about throwing away your food, imagine about all those people out there, who struggle for a one time meal.