Soups are an integral part of almost all the cuisines out there.
Despite this popularity, there are some interesting lesser-known facts about soups? We are going to list down five of them below.
- According to studies, women love soup more than men.
- Frank Sinatra used to drink soup made of chicken and rice before going on to the stage to perform.
- The word ‘soup’ was derived from Sanskrit. It was derived from ‘su’ and ‘po’ which means good nutrition.
- The oldest evidence of soup dates back to 6000BC and the soup was made with a hippopotamus.
- Every year, 99% of all American homes buy soup
ALSO READ: Protect your kidneys: Eat these vegetables