An avocado is a large berry containing a single large seed that is believed to have originated in South Central Mexico.
This incredibly nutritious fruit contains more potassium than bananas!
Loaded with fiber, avocados help with weight loss too. Avocados are beneficial even when applied on the skin directly. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin on direct application as well as when consumed.
Here are a few ways you can make the best out of avocados:
- Avocado oil: Applying avocado oil has proved to moisturize and nourish the skin immensely making skin soft and smooth. The fats in avocados are also rather resistant to heat-induced oxidation, making avocado oil a healthy and safe choice for cooking.
- Reduces inflammation: Oleic acid present in avocados are best to treat inflammation.
- Controls hormonal acne: Avocados help regulate blood sugar levels, and this in turn, reduces acne.
- Avocado in smoothies and salads: Add half an avocado to your daily food- smoothies(milk and peanut butter are good choices to add) and salads.
- Protects the eyes: Avocados are loaded with antioxidants like carotenoids that help protect the eyes and keep them healthy.
So, buy a few avocados already and pump your diet to the next level!