Making cakes are never boring. However, most of us categorize it as an ordinary art form. So the question here is, why be ordinary when you could be extraordinary. And that is why, instead of coming up with a simple cake recipe, today, we are going to take a look at how we could make a Zebra Cake.
For making the Zebra Cake, you are going to need the following Ingredients.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (300g)
- 2 cups sugar (400g)
- ¾ cups vegetable oil (188mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5mL)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder (11g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2.5g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (240mL)
- white, pink, and black gel paste
- vanilla buttercream
- black fondant
- pink buttercream
Apart from the ingredients, you would also require an Oven, a handheld mixture, bowls, sprayers and 8’’ pans. If you have lined up the ingredients and the equipments, follow the instructions to make the Zebra Cake.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla in low and medium speeds
- Add eggs one at a time into the mixture
- Then add milk and user the mixture till all ingredients are combined
- Divide the newly formed batter into three. One bowl should have half the amount while the other two should have a quarter each.
- Add White color to the first bowl. Then add black and pinks to the other two bowls respectively.
- Take two 8’’ pans and spray them with non-stick spray. Line the pans with baking paper.
- Into the pans, place four table spoons of white batter and into the middle of the white batter, add two table spoons of black batter and then two table spoons of pink batter.
- Repeat the batter additions until the pans are 2/3 full. Place the pans in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooled, level it, stack it and cover it with white butter cream.
- Roll fondant and cut out long stripes. Arrange them on the white cake as desired.
Tune into Cookbook for more recipes.