Dark Lips is something that people struggle with.
Every woman wants to flaunt soft and pink lips as beautiful lips make your smile prettier. But, when the lips become pigmented and dark, it just takes away from the beauty of that smile. Here are some proven remedies to lighten Dark Lips.
- Lemon and sugar: Before bedtime, cut a lemon wedge and dip it in sugar. Rub your lips with sugared lemon. Rinse your lips with lukewarm water the next morning.
- Coconut oil: Using your fingertip, take a small amount of coconut oil, and gently apply it evenly over your lips. Do this multiple times during the day.
- Rosewater and honey: Mix together two drops of rose water to six drops of honey. Apply the mixture to your lips three to four times per day.
- Olive oil: Before going to bed massage a few drops of olive oil onto your lips.
- Almond oil: Every night before going to bed apply two drops of almond oil onto your lips.
Darkening of the lips can be the result of hyperpigmentation. This is typically a harmless condition caused by an excess of melanin.
Most of the causes can be addressed by lifestyle changes, such as wearing sunscreen, limiting caffeine intake, or changing toothpaste brands.