Chips and fries served at parties cannot be complete without some good old dips. The combination is what makes us want to eat again and again but the latest studies suggest that dips could be a health hazard.
A research team from Clemson University has discovered that a wide range of bacteria could spread when a half-eaten chip is dipped into a common bowl.
The test was carried out on different dips like Salsa, cheese dip, chocolate sauce to know whether thickness of the dip would impact the bacteria spread.
“The lower viscosity means that more of the dip touching the bitten cracker falls back into the dipping bowl rather than sticking to the cracker. And as it drops back into the communal container, it brings with it bacteria from the mouth of the double-dipper.” Paul Dawson, the leader of the study said.
So next time you decide to dunk your chip in a dip at the party, think twice.