Most of the times, we like to keep things simple. This applies to food as well. And this is probably why we have easier names for food items rather than their complicated scientific ones.
But did you ever get curious about these scientific names? Well, if you did, below is a list that you could use.
- Apple – Citrus sinensis
- Banana – Musa acuminate
- Cucumber – Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
- Strawberry – Morus alba.
- Pumpkin – Wasabia japonica.
- Blueberry – Vaccinium corymbosum.
- Corn – Foeniculum vulgare
- Peas – Prunus salicina.
- Eggplant – Rheum rhaponticum.
- Ginger – Armoracia rusticana.