Most of the times, we like to keep things simple. This applies to food as well. And this is probably why we have easier names for food items rather than their complicated scientific ones.
But did you ever get curious about these scientific names? Well, if you did, below is a list that you could use.
- Apple – Malus Pumila
- Banana – Musa acuminate
- Cucumber – Cucumis sativus
- Strawberry – Fragaria x ananassa
- Pumpkin – Cucurbita pepo
- Blueberry – Vaccinium corymbosum.
- Corn – Zea mays
- Peas – Pisum sativum
- Eggplant – Solanum melongena
- Ginger – Zingiber officinale
- Orange – Citrus sinensis
- Cauliflower – Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
- White mulberry – Morus alba.
- Wasabi/Japanese Horseradish – Wasabia japonica.
- Fennel – Foeniculum vulgare
- Japanese plum/Chinese plum – Prunus salicina.
- False Rhubarb – Rheum rhaponticum.
- Horseradish – Armoracia rusticana.