It’s Halloween season again and it calls for Halloween special recipes. In this post, we are going to take a look at the Meringue Ghost cakes which would be perfect for the occasion.
The ingredients that you would need for making the Meringue Ghost cakes are:
- 100 g caster sugar
- 10 ready-made fairy cakes
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Tiny chocolate chips or silver dragees
If you have lined up the ingredients, now it’s time to bake. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare the piping bag.
- Preheat the oven to 105 c.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until they are foamy. Add the soft cream of tartar to this and continue beating till soft peaks are formed.
- Add the sugar by parts and also, beat in the vanilla extracts.
- Put this meringue into the piping bag and pipe in high mounds into the baking sheet.
- Place the edible silver dragees or the chocolate chips into each meringue so that it seems like the eyes.
- Bake for around 1 to 1.5 hours and leave the meringues for a couple of hours to dry before serving.
You can find this and more recipes for Halloween at the Cookbook android application which you download here.