If you are a fan of some stir-fried food, then you’ve just hit jackpot now. While this obsession towards stir-fried food items mostly works opposite to the ‘healthy’ habit of eating, there are certain recipes out there which could quench your desire for your favorite type of food and make you healthy at the same time. Today, we are going to take a look at a healthy recipe like this in the form of Cauliflower rice stir-fry.
You are going to need the following ingredients to make the recipe.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 sliced red onion
- 4 minced cloves
- 2 tablespoons coconut or extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 thinly sliced small red chili
- 1/4 cup Cleansing Broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 julienned large carrot
- 1/2 diced (stemmed, seeded) red bell pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
To make the recipe, follow the instructions below:
- First, put the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse till it is finely chopped.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and heat oil on it. add ½ of the sliced red onions and 2 minced cloves of garlic into it and cook for about six minutes.
- Into this, add the cauliflower and season with salt. Add in the cleansing broth and steam with the skillet covered until broth has evaporated.
- Transfer this to a bowl and cover.
- Clean the pan and heat 1 Tbsp. of oil over medium heat. Add the remaining sliced onions and cook and stir until it is tender.
- Add the remaining garlic, ginger, chile, and cook for around a minute before adding the broccoli florets, carrot and the bell pepper.
- Cook and stir for around five minutes and after taking away from the heat, add lemon juice.
- While serving, top the cauliflower with vegetables and sprinkle pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
Tune into to Cookbook for more recipes and foodie fun.