Most of us love a well-prepared plate of oysters. But the problem with oysters is that they go off pretty quick. It’s hard for restaurants to serve then fresh. However, if not served fresh, the oysters can result in many problems including food poisoning.
So usually, the oysters that we get to eat in restaurants are probably out of the ocean for a few hours. In some restaurants, the chefs even check whether the oysters are breathing as the chances of bacteria forming are low if the oysters are still breathing.