There is always something special about simple recipes because as they say, beauty lies in simplicity. The Avocado Chicken salad recipe is no different. The Chicken salad which has a tasty support of avocado is simple to make and at the same time, is healthy. There is a twist in the form of chopped apples as well.
To make the Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe, you would need.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Sandwich bread or salad greens
After lining up the ingredients in one place, it is time to start cooking.
- First, place the chicken, apple, celery and avocado in a bowl.
- Mash these ingredients using a fork and make sure that everything is mixed.
- Add cilantro or parsley to the mix. After this add lime juice, salt and pepper.
- To avoid dryness, two table spoons of olive oil could be added
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep it for a couple of days in fridge.
- Serve the sandwich with bread after taking out.
Tune into Cookbook for more foodie fun.