The New Year is just around the corner and it’s important that we start it on the right note. If you are a foodie and if you believe in the concept of luck, then we’ve got some lucky food traditions that you could try out.
- Eat 12 grapes – The Spanish and Portuguese follow this tradition so as to indicate the twelve months of a year. This should be done at midnight.
- Smash Pomegranate on floor – The Greeks have a tradition of smashing pomegranate on the floor in front of the door. The seeds will symbolize good fortune.
- Eat something ring shaped – This tradition is followed to celebrate the year coming full circle.
- Eat Pork – Pork is considered to be a lucky lunch in certain countries like Cuba and Hungary.
- Noodles – Noodles represent long life in Japan and eating them without breaking is the trick.