The United States of America has a plethora of food holidays. And today, the country celebrates Macaroni Day. Although Macaroni originated from Italy, the dish went on to become so popular in other countries thatUS even decided to dedicate a day for it. The day might not be widely celebrated as the other public Holidays in The United States but if you are searching for a dish to make the Macaroni Day special, then look no further.
Cookbook is going to take a look at a homemade Mac and Cheese recipe that could fit into the situation perfectly.
The ingredients you would need for the same are:
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Now, if you want, you could also take some grated carrot and pimento peppers to add more flavor to the Macaroni dish that you are going to make. To start off,
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
It is a simple dish and will not take much time out of your daily schedule. So why wait, enjoy the Macaroni Day with homemade Mac and Cheese. For more recipes, check out the Cookbook Android Application.