Every year, July 29th is celebrated as National Lasagna Day in the United States. The dish which made its way from Italy has won over the foodies in style and this makes the day worth celebrating.
There aren’t many debates when it comes to how delicious Lasagna is. However, there will obvious be confusion about which variations to cook on an occasion like this. And as always, Cookbook is going to solve the problem by coming up with one of the best Lasagna recipes out there.
So for this recipe, you are going to require the following ingredients.
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Lasagnas usually take some quality time to cook and this dish takes around two hours. So why wait? Follow the steps and start cooking.
- First of all, brown the beef, sausage, onion and garlic
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, and basil according to the taste
- Now, add Tomatoes with juice and tomato paste
- Stir all of these until they are well mixed
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer for around one hour
- Take a baking pan and spray it with cooking spray
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, parsley, Parmesan cheese and ½ pounds of mozzarella cheese
- In the Lasagna pan, properly layer the noodles, meat sauce and cheese mixture
- Repeat the process and top off with a layer of noodles
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and properly cover the noodles on top
- Bake for around one hour at 375F until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Afterwards, cover it with foil for around forty minutes and then keep it uncovered for around 20 minutes
- You can now cut and serve the Lasagna
Cookbook wishes you a tasty Lasagna day. For more delicious Lasagna recipes, download the free Cookbook Application from Google Play store.