Pizza, the name itself is enough to give your mouth a watery make over. The popularity that Pizza has garnered over the years made Brazil add a special day for Pizza in their calendar. The Country will celebrate Pizza day on July 10, and since Pizza is not something which should be confined to a particular region, let’s see this as an international affair for the time being.
So the next step is to find a Pizza Recipe for celebrating. Just like always, look no further. We are going to take a look at the classic homemade Pizza recipe which is easy to make and delicious at the same time.
The ingredients that you would need for the same are:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Pizza Ingredients
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Ham, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- Bell peppers
- Italian sausage, cooked ahead and crumbled
- Chopped fresh basil
- Pepperoni, thinly sliced
- Onions, thinly sliced
The instructions might make it look like a long process but at the end of the day, it is worth it.
- Take warm water in a large bowl. Add yeast to the water and place it there till the yeast is dissolved completely.
- After this, mix the flour, sugar, and olive oil using a handheld mixture. Knead the dough for about ten minutes until it is elastic and smooth.
- Place the dough in a bowl which is coated with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in warmth till the dough doubles in size.
- Place the pizza stone in your oven and Preheat the oven to about 450F.
- Remove the plastic cover from the dough and divide it into two equal parts. Keep the parts in different bowls and let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Use Tomato sauce, cheese and mushrooms in a desired manner to prepare the topping.
- Take one part of the dough and flatten it. Once it is properly flattened, let it rest and then continue to stretch it until it cannot stretch further. Pinch ends if you want to form lips.
- Brush the top with Olive oil and repeat the same procedure with the second ball of dough.
- Sprinkle the pizza peel with corn meal and spoon in your toppings.
- Now, bake it is oven until the crust is browed and the cheese turns golden.
Cookbook wishes you a very Happy Pizza Day.