French Toast and Strawberry Cheesecake as separate recipes are quite ordinary. However, when you combine them to come up with a new recipe, it becomes special. Today, we are going to take a look at such a recipe. So mark down the ingredients and start cooking.
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 8 slices bread, cut in half diagonally
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1 cup whipped cream
To make the Strawberry cheesecake French toast:
- First, preheat the oven to 100 degrees F
- In a saucepan, heat the mashed strawberries and 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch and water and then stir this into the strawberries. Cook and stir until this is thickened.
- Take two more bowls. Whisk milk and egg in one while mashing cream cheese, vanilla extracts, 3/4 cups of white sugar in the other one.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and dip the sandwiches into egg mixture and place in the skillet/
- Cook until these are golden brown on both sides. Place these on the baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to keep warm.
- Top the French toast with strawberry glaze and sliced fresh strawberries and serve with dollop of whipped cream.
For more recipe tune into Cookbook or download our application from the Google play store.