A cozy and comforting soup can never be a bad thing to include in the daily diet. And if the soup under discussion is easy to make, then things couldn’t get any better. Today, Cookbook is going to take a look at the recipe for a delicious Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese.
The ingredients required for making the recipe are:
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus additional softened butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 round tbsp. smoked sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 28 ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
The cooking process for the recipe is quite simple and at the same time consumes little amount of time.
- First, in a pot, heat the Olive oil over medium heat. Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in the oil.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot partially and keep the heat until onions and garlic are softened.
- Once they are softened, stir in the tomato paste and deglaze it with the stock
- Transfer this mixture into a food processor and add tomatoes to it.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and pours it back to the pot
- For making the grilled cheese, sandwich two slices of cheese between two slices of bread.
- Spread the outside of the bread with butter and grill this until the cheese melts.
- Later, stir the cream into the soup and sprinkle chives before serving.
Tune into Cookbook for more recipes.