Monday is a boring day, period. But on a positive note, it is the start of a new week and new week means new recipes. And no matter which month, season, or day it is, Chocolate Cake is a great choice.
The pain involved in piling up the ingredients and going through the long process of cooking might be something which holds people back from making a Chocolate Cake but what if we could make an easy five-ingredient Chocolate Cake? The phrase ‘five ingredients’ is enough to attract a lot of eyeballs so let’s get started shall we?
So the five magical ingredients that we will need are:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and some more for dusting
These ingredients aren’t hard to find, are they?
Now, if you have lined up all those five things, start off by chopping the chocolate. Afterwards, follow the steps.
- Preheat the Oven to 350 Degrees and butter a baking pan and bottom it with parchment paper.
- Take some water in a saucepan and start heating it.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl. The metal bowl should be kept in the sauce pan with hot water for the same.
- After taking out the metal bowl, whisk the chocolate and butter with sugar
- Add eggs one at a time and afterwards, add the cocoa powder as well.
- Pour the resulting batter into a pan and bake until a tin crust is formed. (around 40 minutes)
- Cool the cake for about 10 minutes and dust the cake with cocoa powder before serving.
It is a simple recipe to make but once you get a piece of cake into your mouth, you will know how heavenly it is.
Tune into Cookbook for more Five ingredient Recipes.