June 29 will be celebrated as St. Peters Day. Catholic believers consider St. Peter to be the first pope and according to the RomanMartyr ology, June 29 is the feast day of their hero. Just like all the other celebrations, St. Peter’s Day also deserves its own specials recipes. Fish is a delicacy on the day and Cookbook is going to take a look at one of the best Fish Seasoning Recipes out there.
The ingredients you will need for the seasoning are:
- 4 tilapia fillets (or other similar fishes)
- 1 Tbs. dried oregano
- 2 Tbs. paprika
- 1 Tbs. onion powder
- 2 Tbs. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. salt
Once again, this is for seasoning only and it is recommended that you clean and cut the fish early itself so that there isn’t any delay.
- Make a blackening seasoning by mixing all the ingredients mentioned in the list.
- Heat a Skillet for nearly five minutes.
- Sprinkle some cornmeal on a plate and add the seasoning on top. Mix this to get a new mixture.
- This mixture can then be used to coat the tilapia fillets.
- Heat the Fillets in the Skillet for about 3 minutes or until they are cooked
- Take the fish out from the skillet and serve hot
It is one of the simplest fish recipes for St. Peters day and if you are not a fish lover, you can try out the same seasoning technique with meat or chicken as well. No matter what you choose, celebrate the St. Peters Day by treating yourself with a tasty dish.
St. Peters day wishes from the Cookbook team.