July 3rd will be celebrated as the feast day of St. Thomas the Apostle. Just like all those Christian special days in the calendar, St. Thomas Day also provides you with the opportunity to prepare some tasty dishes for your family. The day was previously celebrated on December 21st, but was later moved to July the 3rd.
One of the traditional dishes that you could try for St. Thomas Day is the Currant Cake With Rose Water. You would need the following ingredients to prepare the Currant Cake.
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup currants
If you have lined up the ingredients, then follow the instructions.
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a large bowl. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Stir in the rosewater, and then add the flour and currants.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from the baking sheet and cool on racks.
Making the traditional dish of St. Thomas Day is as simple as that in case you were wondering. So why wait time? Celebrate this year’s St. Thomas Day with Currant Cakes. For more St. Thomas Day Recipes, download the Cookbook Application from the Google Play store.
St. Thomas day wishes from the Cookbook team.