Thanksgiving can never be complete without cooking some good old Turkey. It has been a tradition for Thanksgiving but not many of us know how to come up with the perfectly cooked one. With Thanksgiving here, we are going to come up with some tips and a recipe which will help you bypass this problem.
The ingredients and equipment you will need for cooking the Turkey are:
- Cooking pan
- Water or broth
- A baster
- Tin foil
- Cooking oil/spray
- Oven-safe thermometer
Wait, did we miss something? Yes, the Turkey, we need the Turkey of course. To cook, follow the instructions below.
- Make sure that the Turkey is thawed before you cook it.
- Pre heat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit
- Use paper towels to pat down the juices of the Turkey
- Keep the turkey in a pan with its breast facing the sky (or the roof for that matter
- Spray the bird with vegetable oil.
- Keep the thermometer on the bird so we could know when to take it out of the oven.
- Baste the turkey using baster and water or brother while it is in the oven.
- When you are 75 percent cooked, take the Turkey out and cover its breast and legs with tin foil
- After taking it out of the oven, let it rest for few minutes.
- You can carve into the turkey and enjoy thanksgiving now.
Tune into Cookbook for more recipes and foodie fun.