United States celebrates the National Sundae day on Friday, November 12th and though it might only be a National day, food has not boundaries. And this is why, today, we are going to take a look at a special Brownie Sundae recipe for the occasion.
For making the recipe, you are going to need the following ingredients.
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 pound chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
Once you have lined up the ingredients the directions that need to be followed are below.
- Take a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Do this over low heat and stir the mixture until its smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Beat until it is thickened and once it is lemon colored, beat in Vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Fold in flour and the salt as well to make the batter thicker.
- Bake this in baking pans of 13-in X 9-in at 350 Degree for 25-30 minutes.
- Take a large sauce pan. Combine the sugar, butter and cream. Bring it to boil. After simmering for some time, cool the mixture.
- Take a heat-proof bowl and place the cocoa in it.
- Whisk hot liquid into cocoa until it’s smooth. Cut the brownies according to your will, and serve with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
Tune into Cookbook for more recipes, foodie fun and food news. You can also download the Cookbook application from Android play store.