Yes, your fridge is packed and its time to throw all the old food out. But which fridge food to throw and which to keep? If you are confused about what has gone bad or not, we have some tips and facts for you.
Let’s open that refrigerator and check them one by one. Also before this, do note that a sniff test is safer than a taste test.
- Milk: Milk never lasts more than two weeks. If it smells bad, throw it out.
- Butter: Well wrapped butter can last up to 9 months. If it goes bad, it will give out a bad smell.
- Cooked Meat: Can be kept frozen for 5 days. If older, throw it out.
- Uncooked meat: Chicken lasts two days while beef can last 3 to 5 days.
- Eggs: Fresh for 3 to 4 days.
- Fish: If lifeless, soft and smells worse than usual, throw it out. It’s advisable to put fish on top of the ice to keep it fresh.