In the second part of our Halloween Food Ideas series, we will be looking at the recipe of Spooky Cake Balls. It is very easy to make and at the same time, it doesn’t require many ingredients.
A fun recipe that even kids can cook, the Spooky Cake Balls will be a great addition to your Halloween menu. The ingredients that you will need for the recipe are:
- One package chocolate cake mix
- 1 container prepared chocolate frosting
- 1 bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
These ingredients can be used to make 36 servings and would require about 3 hours of your time. To make the recipe, follow the instructions below.
How to make it
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave
- You can also use metal bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt the chocolate.
- Take small scoops from the chocolate cake mix using melon baller.
- Dip the balls in the melted chocolate using toothpicks.
- Place this on a waxed paper so that it sets.
You can also roll the cake balls in nuts, sprinkles, coconut or it can even be dipped in white and dark chocolates.