You might be surprised by the numerous benefits dark chocolate offers for skincare.
It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, all of which reflect on the skin really well. Consuming dark chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa solids does the trick. From improving the heart’s health and preventing cardiac arrests to healing skin, the food item has great versatile qualities.
Here are a few things that the consumption of such chocolates can do for your skin.
- Prevents premature ageing: The load of antioxidants present in the food item helps your skin stay young and wrinkle-free. It improves the collagen-content as well.
- Retains moisture: It prevents the skin from drying out, keeps moisture locked in, and hence it also protects the skin from sun damage and the like.
- Promotes cell growth: It is capable of boosting the regrowth of cells once the old ones are shed.
- Reduces dark spots and hyper-pigmentation: The healing properties of the food item helps improve the melanin on your skin.
- Reduces inflammation: Flavanols in the chocolate help reduce inflammation, helping with skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema, and keeping the skin look youthful.
Well, now we have enough excuses to grab a small bar of chocolate every day!
ALSO READ: Five Must Know Quotes About Ice Cream