Flax seeds are known to be one of the oldest cultivated seeds. The seeds contain fibre, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, and are excellent for your skin, hair and overall health. Due to all these, it is not surprising that they are considered to be among the ‘super foods’.
Let’s look at a few ways flax seeds help improve our health.
- Skin health: The omega-3 fatty acids in them minimize skin rashes, irritation and redness, and also help wounds heal faster.
- Hair breakage: They make your hair elastic and strong, hence prevents hair breakage.
- Fights acne: The seeds are capable of controlling sebum, hence tones down acne.
- Improves bowel movement: Since they are rich in fibre, the digestive system stays healthy and eases bowel movements.
- Controls diabetes: Regular consumption of the seeds helps with insulin resistance; it controls diabetes.
Moreover, did you know that the seed powder could be used as a substitute for eggs while baking? This is a great alternative for vegans!