Food cravings are everybody’s struggle while being on a strict diet. You get all sorts of emotions about food and sometimes feel like eating exactly what you shouldn’t be.
And if you are on a low/zero carb diet, this gets even trickier! But there is a solution to this.
Stack up on foods and drinks that are quite low on calories. Some of these may quickly give you the feeling of being full and shouldn’t be consumed a lot in quantity; some may not give you the same feeling, but can be consumed a lot. Let’s dive in and look at a few foods and drinks that can help us during those bad cravings.
- Greek yogurt: Studies suggest that people who had Greek yogurt instead of snacks like chips or chocolate or anything else with a lot of carbs said that they were less hungry during dinner. They consumed at least 100 calories less than usual.
- Green tea: Now this is your magic drink with absolutely zero calories! Green tea not only helps fight food cravings, but also boosts your metabolism.
- Berries: Berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and so on are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body. These are sweet and filling and can tone down your cravings quite a lot.
- Veggies: Vegetables like cabbage and broccoli can be boiled and had with chicken. This helps you feel full and does not let you feel hungry for quite a while.
- Fish and eggs: Low in calories but full of protein and other vitamins, fish and eggs can be a definite go-to.