Ginger is an underrated hair care ingredient. It has many benefits and mainly, it helps to remove dandruff and itchiness.
Ginger juice can be added to face and hair masks to fight skin and scalp infections due to its anti-bacterial or anti-microbial abilities. It can also restore health to your scalp and may even help in dealing with itchy scalp and dandruff. Here’s how to use it to regain a healthy and happy skin on your scalp.
- Take a fresh root of the spice and slice it into pieces using a sharp knife or grate it.
- Add sliced or grated ginger to some water and set it boil on a low flame. Slowly the colour of the water will start to change and after a few minutes it will turn slightly muddy or translucent yellow.
- Take the water off the flame and filter it out using a fine sieve.
- Press the residual collected over the sieve to drain out the maximum juice into the container.
- Allow the water to cool down. You can either pour this juice into a tiny spray bottle and spray it onto your scalp directly or mix it with an oil carrier and then apply the oil to your scalp. Rinse it off with a gentle anti-dandruff shampoo after half an hour.
Besides this hair mask, regular oiling and massage is also important to treat dandruff.