Most of us know honey as an alternative sweetener contributing to a healthier lifestyle.
But who knew that slathering the sticky, sweet substance can help your hair? It is an emollient which means it seals moisture in your hair, keeping it conditioned. This reduces breakage, which is often a cause for slower hair growth.
- It has rich antioxidant properties which prevent damage, keeping your scalp and hair healthy.
- It strengthens the hair follicles, curbing hair fall.
- The food item also comprises antibacterial and antiseptic qualities. This prevents scalp infections and soothes issues like dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis, allowing for unhindered hair growth.
- It cleans the hair follicles by getting rid of impurities. This minimized clogging is often a reason for hair loss.
- Using the food item as a hair care ingredient not only boosts hair growth but also stimulates hair re-growth from dormant follicles.
Honey is used as a treatment for wound healing because of its ability to promote cell growth. The scalp is full of epithelial cells that makeup the many follicles and ducts so important for hair growth.
ALSO READ: What happens if you swallow orange seeds?