Bodybuilding is basically the process of building your body’s muscles through weightlifting and nutrition. In order to maximize your results, you must focus on your diet.
Eating the right bodybuilding foods in the appropriate amounts provides your muscles with the nutrients. While consuming the wrong foods or not consuming enough of the right ones will leave you with bad results.
Here is what you need to know about diet and nutrition for bodybuilding.
Bodybuilding foods you should include in your diet:
- Yogurt, cottage cheese, low-fat milk, and cheese.
- Bread, cereal, crackers, oatmeal, popcorn, and rice.
- Fruits like oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, watermelon, and berries.
- Meats, poultry, and fishes like sirloin steak, ground beef, pork tenderloin, venison, chicken breast, salmon, tilapia and cod.
- Vegetables including broccoli, spinach, leafy salad greens, tomatoes, green beans, cucumber, zucchini, asparagus, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Seeds and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Beans and legumes like chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, and pinto beans.
Foods you should avoid:
Alcohol, deep-dried foods, and added sugars. Foods high in added sugars include candy, cookies, doughnuts, ice cream, cake and sugar-sweetened beverages, such as soda and sports drink.