Making perfect fruitcakes can be a very hard task. When you make cakes with fruits, it is very important that you prepare nuts and fruits well in advance. Since some cakes require the usage of liquor as well, it is a process that requires clear planning.
There are some tips that you can follow to make the task easier. We will be listing some of them below.
- Use fresh quality ingredients. If you are making a blueberry cake, try getting fresh blueberries.
- When you change pan sizes, you should always remember that baking time alters.
- If the cake is browning too fast, place a sheet of foil at the top of the cake.
- Soak the nuts and fruits like mango and pineapple overnight in its own fruit juice.
- Cool fruitcakes completely in pan and remove only when cold.
- Get fresh and juicy fruits and if you cannot find rum to soak them, use wine or fruit juice.
Follow these tips and make an amazing fruit cakes at your home.