Breakfast provides us with energy. The meal is usually our source of essential nutrients such as calcium, iron, and B vitamins as well as protein and fiber. If these nutrients are missed at breakfast, they are difficult to be compensated for later in the day.
Here are some benefits of having breakfast that you should know.
- Breakfast helps you to boost your metabolism.
- You feel fuller for longer and eat fewer calories throughout the day. This way breakfast helps control your weight.
- Breakfast helps keep your blood sugar levels stable during the day.
- A study shows that people who skip breakfast have a 21% higher risk of developing diabetes than others.
- Breakfast stimulates the brain. They improve your ability to focus, reason, and process information.
- People who regularly skip breakfast are much more likely to become overweight and face a higher risk of serious health problems.
Experts suggest that you must be more careful about what you choose to start your day. You can choose a high-fiber cereal with fresh fruit, a protein shake with fresh/frozen fruit, a toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, a protein bar, and a glass of milk among others.